Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baking time!

It's time to get baking! This time of year I smoke enormous amounts of crack and participate in not one but three cookie exchanges. With it being just Kev and I, it makes complete sense to surround ourselves with ridiculous amounts of sweets.

Thursday is the first one and I'm trying to decide what to make. It's ror my sorority's alumnae association's cookie swap / clothing swap / cosmo drinking. Cookies, clothes and cosmos, 3 of my very most favorite things in the EVAH! We each need to bring 3 dozen cookies along with the recipe. We're working on putting together a cook book and selling them for a philantophy project but the recipes have to be homemade or passed down through your family. Thankfully the ONLY passed down recipes I have are sweets.

I was torn between 2 recipes. No-Bake cookies OR Grandma's Peanut Butter Balls. I was originally leaning towards the No-Bake cookies so I made a slightly altered batch.


I used Trader Joe's fiber cereal instead of oats, almond milk and Smart One margarine instead of butter. Meh, they're OK but I wouldn't use the cereal again. They got a little stale and the oats hold up better. In the end I decided to go with the Peanut Butter balls for the exchange, pix and recipe to come later!

But seriously, you should make these no-bakes, the right way. And give me one.

No Bake cookies
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup of milk

Boil hard for 1 minute. (When you can't stir away the bubbles, wait a minute)
After it boils, take off the heat and mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla. After it's all mixed in, add 3 cups of uncooked oatmeal.

Mix it all together and drop onto waxed paper.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment