Wednesday, November 9, 2011

-ose Intollerant?

It's no news to anyone that I've been having stomach issues for a while now and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to what gives me trouble and what doesn't. Instead I've been eliminating things from my diet in  the hopes that one of them will bring some sort of relief.

Here are some things that cause unhappiness...
Almond Milk is friendlier
Oh I miss you... I really miss you. We were together for so very long before you were so abruptly ripped from my life..
And sometimes this
and even sometimes this

After many weeks of constant scolding encouragement from Kev, I sucked it up and went to the gastroenterologist. We talked about a bunch of different things and in the end he wanted to test me for everything and finally rule out some possibilities.

I started the first test yesterday. It's a hydrogen blow test to see if I have a fructose intolerance. I told him that sometimes I eat candy and it hurts my stomach. Seriously, it might not really be an issue. Perhaps I just shouldn't eat a lot of candy. I do love me some Skittles and it's OK that more than 10 give me a stomach ache. Bags of candy corn and Skittles (and those 100 calorie snack packs) contributed to a 50 pound weight gain. If my body actually learned something after a year of Jenny Craig, and that thing was to not eat and entire bag of candy, that should be OK. But I'm open and stuff to getting to the root cause so test we shall.

Have you ever taken one of these tests before? 12 hours before the test you can have nothing by mouth except water. 12 hours before that you can ONLY eat chicken, fish, white rice, eggs and chicken broth. That's it... Seriously. I may not last.. I was sick yesterday and didn't eat anything so taking the test this morning was no problem. But I have to do the lactose intolerance test tomorrow morning and this food isn't cutting it. I did come to the brilliant realization that since rice and fish are allowed, sushi must be ok!

I had a giant sashimi bowl for lunch and got some to go for dinner as well. Definitely love me some sushi but I'm so ready for a piece of chocolate or even 1 Skittle... an orange one I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment