Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Great weekend!

We had a crazy busy weekend! Kev had a concert with his vocal jazz group Friday evening and we headed out for drinks and late dinner afterwards. I wasn't terribly hungry and decided to drink my dinner instead. Mmmm cosmo... I ordered the sushi appetizer but ended up bringing home 3/4 of it.

Saturday morning started bright and early with a Body Combat class. There isn't usually a Saturday morning class but it was launch day! Woo Hoo! I love a launch day! Let me say, the new release is HARD on the arms. The instructor said there were over 1600 jabs alone in this release and most of them came in track 8. I believe it because my arms hurt for days..

I ran home, showered and finished getting ready for a cook-IN. I'm a member of the alumnae association for my college sorority and we have several events a month. We were supposed to have the annual cook-out in September but the weather was just gross and yucky. We moved it to October to try and get a nicer day. Well, Saturday was still pretty rainy and yucky so we had a cook-in. I made a ham, cooked with brown sugar and honey mustard and an awesome crock-pot chicken recipe.

Apple Cider Chicken
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup apple cider (I used Trader Joe's)
1 granny smith apple chopped
1/2 cup cranberries (I used dried)
salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste

Cook 6-8 hours in the crockpot and shred the chicken when it's done. Seriously one of the easiest recipes I've ever made and one of tastiest!

We had a lot of great crock pot recipes at the cook-in. If only I had remembered to take pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment