Friday, November 4, 2011

Is the 4th post too early to talk about chaffing?

I've been reading running blogs for a while now and I hear people talk about lubing up before a race. There's some sort of body glide that people swear by that prevents chaffing. I've never had a problem with it and never thought twice about the hows and whys of it all. Science says that when 2 thing rub together really really fast they heat up, that I understand. Why you need lube before a race, I don't. Until Sunday....

The only think that I can come up with is that I finally ran fast enough for my pudgy legs to rub together. I now know that chaffing happens at around a 10.47 minute mile. Since I want to get faster, I guss I'll need to better prepare for the inevitable... and wear pants.

Today I got an e-mail at work announcing the opening of a toll road. Totally BS, but to celebrate the opening they're having a 5K on the new road. It's bad enough that we have to pay to drive on it but we should pay to run on it too?

And for something completely random,


I have no idea why this won't rotate. Just turn your head and enjoy the chickie..

No comments:

Post a Comment